Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Saturday List

1. First and foremost. It's official: I'll be back in New York on February 22nd! I'm so excited to see my people. I'd be a long-snouted Pinocchio if I claimed that my excitement for the food didn't come in a very very close second. I'm even weirdly excited about having an honest so-cold-it-feels-like-being-punched-in-the-face winter. I don't recognize myself either. One Nor'easter will probably cure this but I'll take it while it lasts. I have also gained an incredible amount of American pride. Absence maketh the heart turn Grinch three sizes too big and whathaveyou. Don't disappoint me, 'Murrica. 

2. A friend posted this link that shows 40 neat maps. The one all the way at the bottom is particularly mesmerizing. Check it.




4. It was a good week for music. I've been listening to Fleet Foxes' self-titled album on repeat this week. Especially this track:



5. I've had this song stuck in my head for days. It's catchy; consider yourself forewarned.



6. Last year I was inspired by Kate to make monthly goals instead of New Year's Resolutions. Well, not sure I can really claim "instead" here because I've never been one for resolutions. I left my 2013 list back in New York and I've since forgotten what the last few months of 2013 held in terms of goal-setting but if I'm remembering correctly January-July went fairly well? I'll have to check when I get back. As the new year rolled around I considered doing the same for 2014 but hadn't devoted much thought to it. The only thing I really wanted to include was seeing Katie Herzig live which was kind of funny because I had no idea if she would be touring this year. So I was ecstatic this morning when she announced a tour this spring! Ash and I are planning to make it happen in May and my excitement level rivals that
of Agnes.


7. I just felt like ending on seven instead of six. 

Bye.


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments make me happy.